In October and November 2018, the ITSS team successfully delivered two full-day workshops for the Association of Employment & Learning Providers (AELP). The workshops entitled “Killer Factors that Make/Break Training Providers!” were held at locations in Birmingham and London and were targeted both at experienced Apprenticeship training providers and new entrants, including Apprenticeship Levy-paying organisations seeking to set up as Employer-Providers.
The objectives of the workshops were to provide new and existing providers with the depth and breadth of information required to become high-quality Apprenticeships training providers by focusing on the critical success factors that affect trading, quality and compliance and avoiding the “killer factors” that lead to so many failures of training organisations.
Based on ITSS’s own market-leading Spectrum-39 Apprenticeship management and delivery model, each intensive full-day session covered best practice in several key areas, including Apprenticeships Strategy & Business Planning, Employer Engagement & Marketing, Apprenticeship Systems and Processes, Ofsted Inspections, ESFA Compliance, Sub-Contracting, etc. among other critical elements.
The workshops attracted approximately 40 delegates over the 2 events and proved incredibly successful, resulting in 100% ‘Excellent’ or ‘Good’ feedback from all the delegates and follow-up requests to deliver similar training for the internal strategic and delivery teams of several training providers.
Some of the wonderful feedback received from the seminar delegates is shown below:
- “Excellent event – huge amount of content covered. Huge value for us as a new training provider – lots of new learnings, doubts and questions resolved. Covered everything we need for compliance (ESFA, Ofsted etc.) I’m far more confident about ‘not dying’ now. Thank you!” (Makers Apprenticeships)
- “Useful information to get on board. Will help me make sure we have all that we need to have in place when I get back to the office! Thank you (Thurrock Adult Community College)
- “Such an informational, relevant, practical, and helpful workshop. Bally and George were excellent, knowledgeable, approachable. The event was at the right pace with the right info – well worth it!” (Solent University)
- “Overall a really good and useful session, well presented.” (University of Surrey)
- “Excellent! I find these sessions valuable and the facilitators were both superb and happy to answer any questions and gave real life examples of things that help put things in perspective. I have come away with a massive action plan!! Very informative day. Very helpful!” (Bedford Borough Council).
- “Really good!” (PTS Training Academy)
- “Took away significantly relevant information that would be of great future value. Bally is an excellent facilitator!” (MWS Technology)
- “Great event, both Bally and George are excellent, helpful and approachable. Real useful insight for someone who’s totally new to the education/apprenticeship sector (Coventry University)
- “Bally and George the session gave effective information, the experience between yourself shown as you could relate yourself to different people. Very good delivery.” (ForViva)
- “Good day, filled with lots of information I wasn’t aware of. Bally explained the areas in detail with a reassured support from George. Well worth the days training!” (GTG Training)